Please join us for a brunch and a discussion of a peer-reviewed article led by Clara Britton, Virginia Tech Dietetic Intern. Fruit and nonalcoholic beverages will be provided.
CPEUs requested: 1
DATE / TIME:
Sunday, January 19th 2020
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Virginia Tech Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics
3865 Electric Road
Roanoke, VA 24018
Members and students: FREE
LEARNING NEED CODES:
5440: Enteral and parenteral nutrition support
9020: Evaluation and application of research
LEARNING OBJECTIVES / PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
6.2.3 Interprets data to make recommendations and to inform decisions
6.2.5 Applies research / evidence based practice findings to improve practice, service delivery, and health and nutrition of customers
8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
8.3.7 Integrates new knowledge and skills into practice
1. Do you think that this study design is appropriate to answer the research question?
2. Do the methods used appear reliable?
3. What are the overall strengths/weaknesses of the study?
4. Based on the results of this study, would you recommend blenderized tube feeding (BTF) to your patients/clients?
a. Why or why not?
5. How do you think this study and others mentioned will impact future dietetics practice?
a. What settings do you see BTF being used/not used?